Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Underage

The other week my friend Jackie was in town with her boyfriend and we met up for dinner and a little tour of DC/Georgetown. After walking for about two hours, I wanted to take them to this gelatto place in Dupont. As we're crossing the street, these girls approach me and after what seemed like they looked me up and down to make sure I would have a good answer they ask:


Girls: Do you know any good places for going out around here? Any bars?

Me: What are you looking for?

Girls: Somewhere to have a good time.

Me: Ok. Cross the cirlce. Other side of Dupont there's a bunch of places for going out. 18th St. Lounge, Lucky Bar, Citron, Current... Just cross the park and you'll find something.

Girls: Where are you going out tonight?

Me: Um, I'm getting gelatto and going to bed.

Girls: Ok. Thanks.

Me: Have fun. Bye.


Now, the first thing that was weird is that they looked so young. Who knows where they're from...suburbs or out of state. Where are their parents? Secondly, they asked where I was going out. As if I would want them to tag along. No open invitation from my part.


About an hour or so after that encounter, I drop Jackie off at the Metro and who do I see sitting on the edge of the station but those girls.


Me: Hey, did you guys find some good place?

Girls: No. Our IDs didn't work. They wouldn't let us in.

Me: Haha. I did think you looked underage.

Girls ( looking annoyed): Thanks.

Me: Take it as a compliment.


So, I was right. Those girls had no business trying to get into a bar... or hanging out with me.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! Lame underage girls. Read a book!

    ReplyDelete